Under the Student Travel Grant (STG) Program, the IEEE Malaysia Communications Society/Vehicular Technology Society (ComSoc/VTS) provides a student author travel grants to students who registered and co-authored an accepted paper in IEEE MIC2017 on competition basis.
Eligibility for Student Travel Grants
To qualify for the ComSoc/VTS SATG, the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Author of an accepted conference paper and presents the paper at the conference;
- Student Member of the IEEE Communications Society when submitting the application;
- Full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application;
- Applicant may not receive more than one SATG in any 12-month period.
SATG Application Process and Notification (to be opened once the paper acceptance is announced)
The conference website will provide the instructions for completing the SATG Application Form as well as information regarding the approval/notification process.The Student Travel Grant Committee for each conference will review all travel grant applications and notify applicants about award decisions by the date indicated on the conference website.
The ComSoc Student Travel Grant Award
The STG consists of a monetary award, amounted RM500 to be used toward registration fees, conference hotel expenses, and travel costs as determined by the Student Travel Grant Committee for each particular conference.
10 student authors
- Application deadline October 30, 2017
- Acceptance notification November 20, 2017
- Award ceremony: During Conference Banquet Dinner on 29th Nov 2017
How to apply:
Application is done through EDAS. Kindly open your EDAS page and click at Travel Grants. Refer to here: https://edas.info/listAllTravelgrants.php. (Choose MICC2017)
Please address any question to the MICC2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org with mandatory title: “IEEE MICC 2017 SATG Question: Your Last Name”.
Extracted from IEEE Communication Society on Travel Grant Program.